Create private section of the website where investors can customise and run their own reports.
Do this data from every system will need to be piped through and synced back.
Creating an investor portal can significantly reduce the resourcing requirements for an organisation. The market has already been disrupted by open-banking for some time, and customers used to having their personal digital information available 24/7.
If done correctly, a portal can also be integrated with other areas of the business to streamline and automate the on-boarding process as well as annual compliance and legal declarations.
The third main benefit is the use of “user generated data” – where by the user would be updating information about themselves which would update our Salesforce data in real time.
- 24/7 access for clients
- A fully tailored experience
- Significantly lower admin requests for the business
- More usage data to understand is clients/products
- Must work with Salesforce, Stoneshot and other APIs
- Must be easy to login and use
- Must be mobile and tablet friendly
- Must write back to the Data Hub
The Investor Reporting Portal will allow clients to run their own reports based on the timeframe, product and performance metrics they would like to see.
You can also “go beyond the benchmarks” and add portfolio managers’ fund update and market analysis.
Ability for clients relationship manager to be contacted directly through the tool.
A client can choose how they want their performance and fund data to be displayed – setting the timeframes, returns, currency and more, 24/7.
They can also keep their personal information up to date, writing back to Salesforce and cleaning your data in real time.
Clients can easily get their, statements, valuations, performance reports and more in one place.
Streamlines regulatory process
Going through the various regulatory processes and tax checks can be automated through this tool.
Meaning that you can reduce the effort and administration of running annual compliance checks – and make it simpler to run compliance reports on specific entities.
Faster client onboarding
Reduce the time and effort involved with getting a client registered or deregistered.
By streaming this process, it becomes easier to recommend and cross-sell funds to clients.
Scope and vendor
Now that all the pieces are in place from a data, API and systems perspective, we can add a fully featured investment portal.
The first month will be used to scope out the priorities, design and infrastructure needed to put this in place. Gathering the requirements from various areas of the business.
Ideally, we would look to interview investors as well, ensuring we have the appropriate buy-in and objectives in place.
- Assess and validate the chosen vendor.
- Conduct a detail IA (infrastructure audit)
- Where are the pressure points, and what are the crucial deliverables
- What are the business’ requirements?
- What would clients like to have?
Wireframe and map
I will look to work with a UX designer and the Salesforce teams closely here. We will need to make sure that what we’re designing can be pulled from the Salesforce database – but also, writing back to the data hub.
At this point a we should have the sitemap decided and approved by the business.
It’s also crucial to look at the security protocols, and make sure there are no “back-doors” into the data hub.
- What does the dashboard look like?
- What level of reporting can they access?
- What code are we using for the charts to display?
- Integrate separate Google Analytics instance and begin mapping
- What is the process for getting a login?
Move into production environment
With testing complete and the API’s correctly pulling data – it’s time to move into the production environment.
We will need to determine what caching times are appropriate, i.e. at what interval should the systems sync and backup the data?
Clients will need to notified about the new tool and there may need to be user guides and manuals created.
- Create the process for gaining access
- Ensure client-facing staff know how to answer questions
- Ensure Google Analytics is tracking properly
- Define KPIs for the tool